Monday, October 15, 2018

Website Review Exercise- Caleb Sullivan

The website Mr. Money Mustache, is a life improvement blog. It is designed for young adults and older, pretty much whoever is living on their own and making decisions for their life. Many of the topics involve saving money and improving overall lifestyle. The blog was began in 2011 and is updated monthly. The topics are up to date and grab reader's attention with modern events. If you want to improve your life in any way, than this blog is for you! The blogs are short, easy to read, and usually include pictures to help the audience visualize what is being stated.

The blog home page is very attractive. The color scheme is rustic with appealing fonts of different sizes. There are plenty of links to social media, different blogs, and navigation throughout the Mr. Money Mustache blog. A tricky part about the website is the complex navigation through the links. There are so many links, pop ups, and "buttons" to click on the website that is it sometimes overwhelming to find what you intend to read about on the blog.

Image result for mr money mustache
Mr. Money Mustache riding his bike to work
The blog is credible. It has been featured in The Washington Post, Forbes Magazine, CNN, The Huffington Post, Yahoo, MSN, AARP, and many more. If Mr. Money Mustache also known as Peter Adeney, does not have all of the information for one of his topics, then he will point the audience to another article that helps explain it better. An example of this is in the blog "How Big is your Circle of Control?" when he points the audience to read Stephen Covey's book "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People."

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the website looks good visually but it struggles because it is very hard to maneuver aroun to different blogs and to other parts of the website as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that his blog was published in large newspapers and other sources of media I think that is really interesting. I like how you go into the detailing of the web page itself. This is something that is usually looked over when using websites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that the blog is very credible. He uses many reliable sources to back up his information, as well as his own past experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your statement that the blog is visually appealing it really draws in the reader and catches the attention of the reader as soon as the web page loads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caleb, I liked what you said about the layout of the website. I did agree that it was appealing to the eye and it made me more interested in the topics. It was also really easy to navigate and understand which made it better. The layout also shows a little bit about his personality.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.