Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Exploration Five From Nate

Part One: 
Reviews are one of the more useful pieces of writing. They have the ability to explain someone's judgement on an issue, topic, or an event. Reviews are used to to help people who may not be experts on a topic to become informed. This helps them to coming to a decision. I observed how the process was relatively common sense. First you want to make a judgement on whether something is good or bad. Next, you have to use your reasoning on whether something is good or bad, which requires us to examine the criteria of what makes something good. And we also must have evidence behind why the criteria of something being "good" is met. My second observation was that reviews can be used for almost everything. If I want to know if a film is good then I can just look up the reviews, if I want to know if a book is good then I can just look at a review, if I want to see if a restaurant is worth going to then I can just look at a review.

Part Two:
I use reviews quite frequently in my life. Every time before I go see a movie, I look up the reviews to see whether a movie is worth going to or not. I look up reviews because I don't want to waste my time and money if other people can already tell me it isn't worth seeing. Reviews are nice because they can give me an idea of what my experience may be like and if I would enjoy going. An example of me using a review was when I was deciding on whether to see the movie Avatar or not. I read about what critics thought and ultimately I ended up seeing the movie.


Image result for critic of the movie avatar
Avatar the movie (2009)

2 comments:

  1. I also use reviews this way in my own life. I enjoy watching new movies but I like to get a feel of what other people think about a movie so I'll read a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally when I see reviews for movies, I don’t pay much attention to them. There will be a lot of movies that split people apart. For example I really enjoyed Justice League but I strongly dislike Black Panther. I enjoyed Solo, but I disliked Rogue One. I will say I watch movies very differently then most critics, and I don’t mind anyone who dislikes my favorite movies because everyone has their own opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.