Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mr Money Mustache Review by Christian

The blog is written by The Mr. Money Mustache who is self-employed and retired at an early age. He talks about his personal experiences and how and why he has made certain financial decisions he has made. The purpose of the Mr. Money Mustache is to share his personal experiences and to give advice to people who are looking to become financially smarter or people who are curious about being self-employed. This website is great for both of those types of people, it gives insight into what life is like being self-employed and how it makes someone's overall happiness increase.

One thing I considered when stating I would recommend the Mr. Money Mustache blog. I thought about how easy is it to relate to? A factual blog that talks about why people should make certain financial decisions over another is great but if it doesn't relate to someone or share personal experiences about why the decision made was the right decision then it is harder for the blog to keep someones attention. That is what the Mr. Money Mustache does perfectly, he talks about why he did what he did and shares why he is better off. He also explains why it will help everyone in the long run even though it may not be what they want right now. In his blog post call "Living well on the trailing edge of luxury" Mr. Money Mustache talks about why he rarely buys things brand new and when he feels the urge to buy something brand new he has this six-step process before he decides to buy something brand new.

Another criteria I considered was how easy it was to navigate through the website is that the website was so easy to navigate made it much easier to enjoy. Websites that are confusing to get to what you are looking for can be frustrating and will make people not want to go through the trouble of clicking on multiple links or opening a bunch of windows. The Mr. Money Mustache blog, however, is easy to find all the post and everything is clearly stated where is what or what is what and it makes it really nice for the reader.
The Creator of the Mr. Money Mustache blog Peter Adeney 


6 comments:

  1. I agree with the fact that he is so relate able because he experiences the same things we do in our normal lives this allows us to connect to him more and to actually give him a chance and try what he is suggesting us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your criteria about how easy it is to navigate through a website. If a website is easy to navigate then it's very helpful because it is not fun looking through a website where you can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that Mr. Money Mustache rarely buys anything new. This keeps costs down and you still have a product. I too said how he is a relatable person. I also agree that his website is easily organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i completely agree with you Chrsitian I think that the layout of his website makes it much more easier to n navigate and use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the website. Mr. Money Mustache's site is a great example of a user friendly interface. I was surprised how easy it was to navigate his website and find blogs that I was interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The website was all laid out on the front screen but I had some trouble on what links to click and where it would take you. Overall once I got the hang of it I realized the flow of the website and I was able to use it with ease

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.