Monday, October 22, 2018

Exploration 6 - Saket Nekkanti


Iconic Photo of Eminem

An artist that has had a major influence on me is Eminem. This an American rapper, record producer and actor Marshall Bruce Mathers III (aka Eminem). He known for many of his raps but, presently he is known for his beef with MGK, his new album Kamikaze. With one of his songs being the title song for the movie “Venom”. Other than these achievements many of whom know Eminem are from the current generation. Eminem caters to the younger audience regardless of what generation it is. Whether you listened to him back in 2000 to hits like “Without me” or his current work like “Killshot” (a disstrack at MGK(Machine gun Kelly another prominent rapper in the music industry)). The thing that makes him stick out and make his songs a hit more than other artists like Ace Hood, is the fact that you can listen to his wide range of music and albums from his first album in 1999 to his newest album, and regardless of your age its relatable in some way, they’re timeless. His music often gives a point of view on current day problems and often raps about younger people’s problems anywhere from 13-21-year old’s. While I don’t agree with everything Eminem raps hating women or rebelling against my parents his music is a sense of nostalgic and relatable music, considering all the hits and songs that were on the radio growing up. One song I would recommend and his biggest hit that made it onto the top 100 billboard songs is “Lose Yourself” ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s) (2002) Eminem’s biggest hit and rise to fandom right around the same time that his movie “8 mile” came out. It stayed steady at No.1 on the billboard for 12 consecutive weeks and was also the first rap song to ever win an Oscar for Best Original Song of that doesn’t make it worth a listen I don’t know what will.

Word: 320

6 comments:

  1. That's great and I also agree that his songs are related to current day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Eminem is a very good artist and he is very creative with his songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to Eminem and I agree he is a very nice artist and is very creative with his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have listened to some of Eminem's songs and I like them as well. I think it is good that his songs can relate to any time period and person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eminem is hands down the best rapper out there and he is a wordsmith in the way he puts his lyrics together. Eminem is still very relevant in the music world today especially with his new album Kamikaze. He will go down as a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always known Eminem to be controversial. While I don't always agree with the lyrics or his own actions, he's had an enormous impact on our generation. When did you start listening to Eminem? Did you immediately like him?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.