One criteria that I considered through reading some of the posts would be the design and functionality of the website. This website while very functional, lacks some elegance in design and some fine tuning. What I mean by this is that some of the color choices could be better and be more effective in standing out to the user. More contrast could make an overall aesthetic and functional improvement to the website. An example of this would be the combination of a few shades of brown as well as white and a lime green. These colors may look okay on their own, but together in the way they are implemented here, they dilute each other and make the website harder to navigate through aesthetic design. Other than this, the website is very well made and there is an attention to detail present that makes for an effective user experience.
The next area of criteria that I decided to consider would be the overall voice and personality presented in the individual posts. The author's voice is very consistent throughout the various posts, making it clear who is speaking at any given time. The use of profanity and somewhat crude remarks create a level of personality that gives the reader an insight to what it may be like to talk to the author in person. He creates a sense of hardness and a rough around the edges character who can relate to the reader for he has made the same mistakes you and I have financially. First hand experience and stories provides a sense of credibility in that he has been able to solve problems and is sharing what he learned.
![]() |
| Mr. Money Mustache logo and Persona. |

Alex, I agree with what you said about the design and how the authors voice is very consistent throughout his blogs. I feel like I know the type of person he his through his writing. I like how he shares personal stories to make it relatable. He makes talking about money fun and interesting.
ReplyDeleteAlex, I like how you mentioned that “MMM” makes an otherwise boring topic seem interesting. I never thought of it like that, but it is true, nobody seems to be interested in talking about finances and yet “MMM” can keep your eyes glued to his blog even though you probably wouldn’t be giving your time to any other blog about finances. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your criteria on the design and functionality of the website. I like how he lists all his posts so they are easy to access, but I agree with how the colors on the blog could be enhanced to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
ReplyDeleteAlex, I also talked about the voice being important. I think his personality really shows through with his profanity and comedic language. It makes it more fun to read, and helps us understand the personality of the writer and who he really is which I think is really important when it comes to credibility!
ReplyDelete