Sunday, October 21, 2018

Exploration 6 Max Gute

Personally I have a very wide range of music that I listen to. If you look into my 
music library on my iTunes or Spotify or even SoundCloud you will find many 
EDM, rock, rap, country, and even metal music. I personally have a 
preference towards EDM and remixes of songs as well. It feels very motivating 
to work out and to drive to. My favorite artist has got to be Marshmello. He has 
some of my favorite songs that I listen to every day on my way to school. He 
also has music that can get me pumped up to go work out. He has so many 
songs for many different situations. The real pull in for me is that Marshmello 
pull inspiration for his music from his own personal life. He brings out all 
the emotions that he is feeling into his work. With this he can pull in a wide 
variety of people. He is DJ that hides his own face not because he wants 
to look cool but to show that it is more about his music rather than him. It 
is very similar to DJ Deadmau5 who also finds his face behind a mask to 
put more focus on his music rather than himself. I first song time I heard 
his music was when I was getting hyped up for a lacrosse game in my junior 
year of high school. I did not know the song so use the Shazam app on my 
phone to find the song. I found the song and immediately went to SoundCloud 
to find this Marshmello guy. I found him right away and started playing the 
song that heard in the locker room. I fell in love with his music and I started 
to listen to all of his songs as well as downloading my favorites. He has even 
managed to get me into making my own music for fun. I can not make songs 
like he does but I enjoy making simple mixes on my MacBook every now and 
then. If it wasn’t for Marshmello’s music, I would probably never would have 
found my new favorite hobby.



Image result for marshmello

Here is the DJ Marshmello with his iconic helmet.



Word Count: 387


Alone (Music Video) - Marshmello: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZHF5UqnU4
My SoundCloud if you want to here any of my mixes: https://soundcloud.com/max-gutentag

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alan. Very interesting review, as I had never heard of Marshmello before. I’ll definitely check him out sometime. I too have a large variety of music I listen to on the way to school each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also first discovered Marshmello's music with his song Alone. I like the fact that he has began to branch out with other artists like Lil Peep and Logic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Max! I like how you gave us a deep look into how you were exposed to Marshmello for the first time. It is crazy how Marshmello went from being a soundcloud artist, to being featured on big time artist's album's and collaborating with other big names in the EDM world. I am not too much of a fan of EDM, but I do enjoy the songs that feature Marshmello but aren't EDM!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.