Another observation I made from The Curious Writer was the way of narrowing down a topic. The attention to detail that leads to the more detail and gives more scenery to the setting. In the example of narrowing down from page 175, it shows the topic going from movies, to Hollywood films, Hollywood crime films, Hollywood crime films of the 1940s, to finally 1940s film noir. The broadness of just movies can lead to any one kind of film were the narrowed down 1940s film noir is very specific to the detail.
I often use reviews in most of my daily life. I review my notes for classes, I review over menus before I go out to restaurants, and I read reviews on movies or TV shows before I decide to watch them. I often do not pay much attention to reviews by other people because they will have bias in their reviews and I prefer to make a judgment based on my own experiences
I also struggle when I right research papers or essays because I tend to write about things that aren't necessarily related but are interesting to me. I think that this information can help develop our thought but eventually needs to be cut out in the final draft.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that using reviews in daily life is very helpful. Reviewing homework and what not definitely helps lead to a more polished product that leads to a higher grade.
ReplyDelete