The reading states that a review is to try and get others to see something as you do. This gave me a new view on reviews that I have never considered, a review is trying to convince you of something be it good or bad. The example the book gave, reviewing employees performance, drives the point home for me because it gave me a real world connection for a review. Also the example goes on to say that the employees would want reasons and evidence to back up what you are saying and suggestions to improve on, the example paints a picture of what a review should be in my head.
Another observation I had while reading through the book is that a review can give someone a different way at looking at something. For example the review on the movie A Christmas Story, a movie I've seen many times like I'm sure most people have, made me feel like it was a fresh movie to me, A Christmas story is admittedly not one of my personal favorite movies but the review we read brought on fond feelings for the movie, even more so then when I watch it myself. The writer also brings in examples from several sources to back his thoughts up, such as his own background while talking about the BB gun, and it almost makes you feel that everyone likes the movie so you should too.
Reviews are used in my life like they probably are in most peoples lives, sort of like a guide to try and get an idea of what I'm getting into before I get something. Reviews have also changed my opinions on things such as the case of the movie Star Wars:The Last Jedi. I've always been a pretty big Star Wars fan so when the newest film at the time had come out I was pretty excited to go see it and when I watched it I thought it was pretty good. Then a couple of weeks later I started to read reviews on the movie that pointed out more of the bad stuff within the movie and it changed my opinion on it for good. Nowadays when I hear anything about the movie I can only associated it with the negative reviews and therefor I can only think of it as a bad movie.
Reviews are used in my life like they probably are in most peoples lives, sort of like a guide to try and get an idea of what I'm getting into before I get something. Reviews have also changed my opinions on things such as the case of the movie Star Wars:The Last Jedi. I've always been a pretty big Star Wars fan so when the newest film at the time had come out I was pretty excited to go see it and when I watched it I thought it was pretty good. Then a couple of weeks later I started to read reviews on the movie that pointed out more of the bad stuff within the movie and it changed my opinion on it for good. Nowadays when I hear anything about the movie I can only associated it with the negative reviews and therefor I can only think of it as a bad movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.