Part One:
One observation that I had was in the beginning of the chapter where it says you don’t simply write a review for no reason, it begins as a inquiry based project. I think this Is true because usually you have some motive to writing a review whether it be you really had a great experience with something or you really didn’t enjoy it. This motive is more complex than just a fact thought, a review needs to be backed up by personal experience otherwise the credibility of the review is diminished.
Another observation I made while reading the carious writer was that reviews are extremely biased. People have different experiences with different things and one person may love a certain movie or food and another person may completely hate it. This becomes prevalent when writing a review because it really comes down to personal taste to some extent. I believe that you can trust reviews but you have to be careful to also let yourself experience certain things.
Part Two:
I often use reviews in my personal life because whenever I go on vacation with my family and we are looking for somewhere new to eat I will go on yelp and search for the best rated places near us. Often times we will find a restaurant that we think we might like but when we see a lot of negative reviews it pushes us away from that place and we end up choosing somewhere that has better reviews.
| A movie critic |
I really like what you said about how each review can be so different to different people because it's really just about opinion. However it's also interesting to think about how by reading a review before doing, buying, or tasting something, you could be missing out on something incredible. Since not all opinions are the same, going off of one of few of others opinions could cause you to stray away from something that you might actually like, since we all have our own interests and preferences.
ReplyDeleteI like what you said about writing about something you have personal experience with because why write about something your not interested in. The best writing will come when you write about something that you like.
ReplyDelete