Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration Five Gabe Haferman

An observation I had in my reading was about the inverted pyramid diagram, this was when he was talking about narrowing your focus. This is a good idea because it makes it easier to find appropriate comparisons. It also narrows down the information that you talk about in the review so you don't bring in random things that don't relate to your topic.
Another observation I had was how common reviews are. They are not just limited to books, movies, or music, it can really be anything. Reviews are just a persuasive form of writing to get people to see how you feel about a subject.
The Green Arrow, TV show.
Part Two: I use reviews as a way of getting information or extra opinions. I use reviews of things like objects I am going to buy or even for movies or TV shows I haven't seen. Reviews for products I have not yet purchased are someones experience with the product. So I can find out what other people think of it without even buying it yet, this is often how I make my decision of whether or not to buy something. I also look at how credible these reviews can be, making sure the review is authentic is a good idea because then I can trust that the information I am getting is real.

The Green Arrow is a TV series that I have been watching recently on Netflix.I started this show because a friend recommended it to me, so he was my review. He explained the concept of the show and then I went and tried it out. I now watch this show all the time because of his recommendation.

1 comment:

  1. The diagram is definitely helpful. It gives a visual representation of what choosing a topic should encompass and be. This is how I narrow down almost all of my topics. When you brainstorm, do you traditionally follow this style? Will you after reading this chapter?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.