Monday, October 22, 2018

Exploration 6 Gabe Haferman

Cover Photo for Max's single Ms. Anonymous

An artist that has had an influence on me is Max Schneider, although he just goes by MAX as a music artist. Max was born and raised in Woodstock, New York. Max is a singer, actor, songwriter, dancer and model. He has been performing for the majority of his life and has starred in many TV shows and movies. During his career as an actor he also performed and wrote songs with other artists to grow his music career. In 2015 he was able to sign with DCD2 record label. Since then he has made many hit songs on his own, many of you may know him for his song Lights Down Low. I would say his music style is a lot like that of Ed Sheeran, he has a lot of softer love songs and mainly focuses on pop music. However, like Ed he also works with different kinds of artists to make hip hop or even rap music.
I discovered Max when his was acting in a movie on TV, it is called Rags. A sort of  Cinderella story about a young and aspiring artist. I was intrigued by his performance and his voice in the movie so I looked into his backstory. I realized he is also a musician in real life so I have been following his career ever since. His music is very captivating to me, it tells a story and the melody and beats of his music stick with me. One of my favorites from him is called Still New York, it is a song talking about how no matter where he goes he will always have his hometown with him. This is an inspiring story to me, and the beat he has throughout the song makes it even better. Another song I like from him is one of his earlier songs, Ms. Anonymous. He sings about finding a girl and then not seeing her again but searching everywhere he can for her. I like the story behind the song as well as the vibe and beat of the song, which is why I like most of his songs.  

Word Count: 355
Link to Still New York: Still New York

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.