Monday, October 8, 2018

Exploration 5 Cameron Snyder

One observation I noticed was that it is tough to keep an open mind when analyzing or reviewing something. Many of us are quick to judge something before we actually know what it is about. Sometimes we let our feelings get in the way of the facts behind something. I like the point the author makes that we would rather try to prove our point rather than listen to the perspectives of others. It is important to be able to suspend your judgement so you can get a more fair an unbiased view. Another observation I noticed was that is very easy for us to come up with answers or opinions like yes or no, but it can be challenging to come up with a reason why. I thought this was interesting because sometimes this happens to me as well. I think something, but not really have a reason for it. It is just what I think but I don’t really have a reason behind it or know how to describe it.

I use reviews all the time, for all kinds of things from movies or TV shows to food and other products and items, especially ones that I buy online. I would read them to see other people’s opinions, and maybe use it to base on whether or not I will buy something. If something has good reviews, than you will be more apt to buy it, compared to something will low ratings or reviews. The same concept goes for basically anything. I recently bought a pair of headphones from Amazon. I read many reviews of multiple headphones before I bought a pair. I read lots of reviews to find a good pair of headphones for a reasonable price. After reading many reviews I decided on a pair and bought them. I used a lot of reviews and ratings to influence my decision on which pair of headphones to buy.

Reviews are very helpful when buying items, especially online when pictures may be deceiving.

3 comments:

  1. Cameron- I also talked about having an open mind and suspending judgement while making a review. It's so important to not have any outside opinions affecting your ideas before you try it, because you may be swayed on way or another in your review and not be able to give specific evidence why. This will cause your review to not be as strong to readers and harder to take away anything from the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also talked about having an open mind while writing reviews. I find it to be the most important part of writing a review. It is the most truthful you can get. Along with what you said about buying things online, I also read reviews to make sure what I am buying is the best. Nothing is worse than getting something that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I liked what you said about being quick to judge! It is interesting to learn that we judge a lot of things by our beliefs instead of facts. Also I wonder if reviews can be swayed to show the reader that the product is good but in reality it is not.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.