![]() |
| The man nicknamed "Mr. Money Mustache." |
My first criteria I considered is that the content is relatable to the reader. When an author can relate his work to the rider, we can consider the authenticity and value of the work. MMM writes to solve problems that readers might encounter in their daily life. In "Bicycling: The SAFEST Form of Transportation" MMM debunks the myth that bicycling is dangerous, but in reality, it is much more beneficial compared to driving. He discusses his initial struggles and thoughts about biking, eventually making the switch over from his car for short rides into town because of its high health benefits. By experiencing and solving real life problems himself, MMM can be relatable to his audience who search for a reputable source.
Another criteria I considered is the relevancy of the information. MMM does this by touching on numerous topics that are growing in popularity or are controversial in today's society. For example, his blog "1400 Miles of Non-Driving in a Tesla," discusses the idea that eventually we will no longer need to own cars with the rise of autonomous driving, eliminating large parking lots in cities and homes. Writing his insight about arising technology, MMM has effectively catered towards the rapidly growing technology industry, crucial to being relevant in today's world.

Mr. Money Mustache is extremely relatable to me personally. I loved his article about working out with out a gym because I personally cant find time to go the gym because of college, work and family stuff going on in my life
ReplyDeleteI like the criterea you picked out, these are some of the same ones I picked out. The relatable content is definitely a good one, this is important in a website. If a website has relatable and relevant content then it will definitely get more views and followers. This is why Mr Money Mustache has such a big crowd following his blogs.
ReplyDelete