The musical artist that had a big impact on me was Malcom McCormick, also known as Mac Miller. Mac was in the rap music industry at a young age of 18, and recording great albums. The fist album that I was introduced to by him was his Best Day Ever album. I was in 6th or 7th grade at the time and loved his music the first time I heard it. All of his songs were up beat and his lyrics were for the most part clean, good, and goofy. He also had some songs on later Albums such as Blue Slide Park that were more inspirational. Besides his Best Day Ever album my second favorite album he released was his K.I.D.S album, this was filled with more chill beats and lyrics. I remember telling the other students in my 7th grade class of Mac and how he is one of my favorites, but they never heard of him and said that because he wasn’t on the radio he was not good enough. So apparently my favorite rapper was some garbage rapper, but that never stopped me from listing to him. I listened to Mac all through my high school career, and listened to his new releases while also bumping to his old stuff. My senior quote was even from one of his songs on the Best Day Ever album called Best Day Ever. The quote was “No matter where life takes me find me with a smile”. This lyric basically says that no matter what happens in life just take it in and smile. Life sometimes sucks but that okay. His music got me through what you can say were lows in my life, and I know that I am not the only one that he helped. Mac can be compared to other rappers such as Logic, who had upbeat songs and inspiring lyrics. Unfortunately Mac has recently passed away from a reported overdose, this news was hard to hear because I thought back from when I first heard him until now, and all of his bangers he made.
Word Count: 356
BDE song:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=AbV-Q6tz4B8
K.I.D.S Senior Skip Day:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7NJfuVk9hY
|
| Mac Miller's Best Day Ever Album |
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEthan- I really liked Mac Miller as an artist as well, and I think his music provided really good messages. I love the lyric you quoted from his song! I think for me, it reminds me not to dwell on the bad things, and try to find the good in every situation no matter how bad it seems, which is something I strive to do in my life. I do think this is really hard for a lot of people, including myself to achieve however, so I think him writing that was a reminder to us all to at least try.
ReplyDeleteI am also a fan of Mac Miller. His lyrics are inspirational and can turn your day around because his songs put you in a good mood. It was very sad news of his death, he passed way too soon.
ReplyDeleteI have never listened to Mac Miller before and after reading your blog it makes me want to go and listen to him. I wish I could have listened to him before he passed away.
ReplyDeleteI have heard about Mac Miller on the news but have never listened to his music. He seems like a good artist with a rich past.
ReplyDeleteI have only heard a few songs by Mac Miller mainly when you are playing them but I will say his songs are good and I will definitely have to listen to him more.
ReplyDelete