I read reviews for products all the time. Especially if it is something expensive, because I would hate to spend money on something that sucks. An example of this is when I was into playing air soft. There are hundreds of companies that make hundreds of different types of guns to buy. For a high quality gun the price range is around $300-$400. So I wanted to make sure what I was buying was going to last. There are also different types of guns, spring, gas, and electric. They all have their pros and cons. I watched many YouTube videos and read up on a bunch of different brands, until I made my final decision. I based it off of the build quality, the speed at which it shoots, and what type it is. People made good arguments for why the Krytac M-4 was the best. for the price it had the best FPS, it was made out of metal, and had a Hi-Cap magazine. It was also electric which meant more BB's and cheaper and easier to maintain. Reviews are helpful when they are written by actual consumers of the product. The companies own reviews are always biased and usually untrue.
Monday, October 8, 2018
Exploration 5 Ethan Trenka
One of my observations in chapter five was keeping an open mind when doing a review of something. In today's world especially many reviews are subjective to one's own opinions. There might be some bias coming from him on why he o she liked or disliked something. Keeping an open mind allows us to write what we think of a product by using facts to support our statement. We should not allow our feelings to get in the way of facts. The second point that was made in chapter five was that reviews are like arguments. We want people to see things the way we see it. To accomplish this we must use certain criteria to make solid points. We must the use evidence to support our points.
I read reviews for products all the time. Especially if it is something expensive, because I would hate to spend money on something that sucks. An example of this is when I was into playing air soft. There are hundreds of companies that make hundreds of different types of guns to buy. For a high quality gun the price range is around $300-$400. So I wanted to make sure what I was buying was going to last. There are also different types of guns, spring, gas, and electric. They all have their pros and cons. I watched many YouTube videos and read up on a bunch of different brands, until I made my final decision. I based it off of the build quality, the speed at which it shoots, and what type it is. People made good arguments for why the Krytac M-4 was the best. for the price it had the best FPS, it was made out of metal, and had a Hi-Cap magazine. It was also electric which meant more BB's and cheaper and easier to maintain. Reviews are helpful when they are written by actual consumers of the product. The companies own reviews are always biased and usually untrue.
this is the Krytac M-4 Trident Mk2 in blue
I read reviews for products all the time. Especially if it is something expensive, because I would hate to spend money on something that sucks. An example of this is when I was into playing air soft. There are hundreds of companies that make hundreds of different types of guns to buy. For a high quality gun the price range is around $300-$400. So I wanted to make sure what I was buying was going to last. There are also different types of guns, spring, gas, and electric. They all have their pros and cons. I watched many YouTube videos and read up on a bunch of different brands, until I made my final decision. I based it off of the build quality, the speed at which it shoots, and what type it is. People made good arguments for why the Krytac M-4 was the best. for the price it had the best FPS, it was made out of metal, and had a Hi-Cap magazine. It was also electric which meant more BB's and cheaper and easier to maintain. Reviews are helpful when they are written by actual consumers of the product. The companies own reviews are always biased and usually untrue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi! I liked what you said about how reviews are like arguments. It’s like we want people to think we are the ones that are always right, when that is not the case. We do need evidence or facts to back up our review but many people do not do that. We have to keep an open mind and notice when we are juding something on our own beliefs.
ReplyDeleteYouTube definitely helps when looking at reviews. I know in class we mostly talked about writing a review but I believe YouTube reviews are just as good, if not better because they can explain what they are talking about while showing you the product.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the point you said about arguments, and how many reviews are like people arguing their point to get us to see their point the same way they do. In order to do this you need to have reliable evidence that supports the point. If you don’t have solid evidence to back it up, then it won’t be very believable. I also agree that reviews are important when buying products so that you don’t end up with something crappy and a waste of money.
ReplyDelete