Monday, October 8, 2018

Exploration 5 by Morgan Beaschler

One observation that I made during my active reading was that some motives for writing reviews is to help people make informed decisions. I never really realized how often I look at a review to decide something. Reviews are everywhere, they are on clothing websites, there are reviews about food, reviews on hotels movies etc. These reviews can help people decide if they are interested in a product or not. Another thing I noticed in my reading is that we have no problem expressing our judgment about something but do not have enough evidence to support it. We often times judge something on our beliefs. We should be aware of our beliefs and keep an open mind before we write a review.


Image result for reviews on the nun
This is what the "scary" nun looks like in the movie The Nun


One life example that has influenced a decision I made was when I saw the reviews for the movie The Nun. Some of the reviews were bad saying that it was not scary. One review I found by Jeffery Anderson said that, "Sadly, this fifth chapter in The Conjuring franchise is, despite a temptingly promising locale/premise, nowhere near as scary, inspired, or coherent as its predecessors".  I was really excited to see this movie until I saw the reviews. Then a friend who went and saw it said it wasn’t that great. So hearing these things I did not go see the movie. If I did go to the movie maybe I would of liked it but because of the reviews I decided to not go.

















2 comments:

  1. Movie reviews are tough because sometimes people are biased or have been exposed to different things so they may not have the same interpretation as you. I think for movies it is best to talk to your friends and people you know and see what they thought about it so that you get the best overall understanding of the movie, and then decide whether it is worth going to or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie reviews are always different from everyone. I sometimes think that if you really want to watch a movie then go watch it and then give your own review; rather than just looking at others review and decide not to watch that movie.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.