For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I felt that you guys did a good job at explaining what Alexander did in his life. His accomplishments. I always thought that he only made the telephone. Also you did a good job with the introduction by getting the listeners involved. One thing to work on would be the body language and how you stand while speaking.
ReplyDeleteI like they way you guys introduced your presentation, it was unique. I thought it was interesting to learn that Alexander Bell originally began inventing tools that would aid people hard of hearing, but later created a device that would greatly change the way we communicate. Something I would critique is to explain why each invention made him iconic and it's effect upon our world.
ReplyDeleteOpening up the presentation with an engaging question really grabs the audience's attention. It was a powerful way to start, and I really enjoyed listening to the presentation. I thought it was also cool that he also had aviation interest with the Wright brothers. My one critique is that the speech was not divided up evenly at all. Kaitlyn talked almost the entire time and it didn't seem like a true group presentation.
ReplyDeleteI was interested in what facts you would present because I just did a project in my communications class about Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone. You guys hit it on the head with all of the key points and more. I was impressed with the way your presentation flowed and definitely could tell that you practiced. You kept my attention throughout the whole thing from start to finish. It was hard to find a critique but the only thing I would say is I wanted to hear Logan's point a view a little bit more but other than that great presentation.
ReplyDeleteShowing off how the cell phones have grown from the gigantic bricks that they were to the tiny hand held version we have today. I knew that Alexander Graham Bell invented the first telephone to improve the telegraph but I did not know that he continuously made different inventions. I did not know that he created a speed boat that held the the water speed record for 10 years. During the presentation, I feel like you guys could have made more of a personal reaction with the presentation.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you didn't just talk about the way he created the phone. I learned about the other inventions that he created and that he was a key person in helping deaf people. I think you guys could have added more about your personal connections. Other than that it was good.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys did a great job on explaining all of Alexander Graham Bell’s achievements throughout his life beyond the telephone. I did not know that he was so close to Hellen Keller, and that he focused so much time on trying to help the deaf community. I also liked the point that you brought up that he invented stuff to help people and also because he liked it, in addition that he worked on stuff up to the age of 75. I think you guys could have tied all his inventions and works together more to explain their role in his overall iconic life.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this presentation, especially because I too did research on Alexander Graham Bell in our Communications class. After learning so much about him, especially after your presentation, he may be one of my favorite historical figures. He accomplished so much in his life, and the telephone is only scratching the surface. You guys really highlighted how selfless he was, especially towards the hard of hearing community, which really made me respect him. He seemed to be a truly remarkable human being. I'd only say next time don't be afraid to bring your personal connection to the project, as I feel it would have made the already well done presentation even more memorable.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great presentation. Both of you were very knowledgeable on the topic which made for a very informative project. I thought that the facts about his affect on the def community was super intriguing as I did not know about that. I knew he made the telephone and did some other things but I didn't know the extent of his effects on our world. I would recommend maybe dedicating a slide to your personally connections and how his life has affected your own.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys did a really good presentation and you guys kept my attention through the whole thing. I personally didn’t know much about Alexander Graham Bell other then he invented the telephone so I found your presentation really interesting. I liked that you brought up his effect as a teacher and his other inventions to empathize that he did a lot more with his live then we realize. One criticism I have is that I would have liked to the significance of the topic from Logan as he said at the end of your presentation that he has a hearing issue.
ReplyDeleteYou guys had a really good presentation! Everything was well explained and it kept my attention the whole time. It was very interesting to learn about. I also have a hearing loss so this topic was very intriguing for me. I would of liked to hear more from Logan because he could relate to this topic. If he would of talked about his personal experience I could of also related to him. It was a very good presentation though!
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was really well done. All of the numeration thourghoput was very well presented and kept my intrigued and awake the whole time. A lot of my friends have hearling loss and this was a very relatable topics. I would have liked to here Logan’s own personal anecdote I felt like that would’ve been a nice addition to the presentation seeing as he uses a hearing aid to help him. Your presentation was well thought out and really well presented great job .
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was really well done and you two knew your information very well and I always though he just made the telephone I had no idea he made other inventions and helped other famous people that was really cool. The only thing I can criticize is just body langue. A couple times you seemed passive and weren’t standing up straight you were leaning back and moving backward. Still an amazing presentation and I learned a lot from it.
ReplyDeleteYou guys had a great opening and it got the audiences attention right away and then you guys were able to keep the audiences attention throughout the entire presentation. I thought it was really interesting that he kept working until he was 75 years old. Although I wish we heard what Logan had to say more I thought the presentation was a little one sided but other than that it was a great presentation.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the flow of your presentation. You seemed to move through his life at a very good pace; not moving to fast so you can give us the important information and not too slow so that you kept the presentation moving. I really liked how you compared him to the wright brothers, both pioneers in the invention process. I think you should have had more relevant slide pictures. Some of them were good, but then others were either just buildings or similar pictures to previous slides.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI liked the introduction of your presentation as it engaged the audience. Overall, the presentation was informative and to the point. I found it interesting that Helen Keller was a student of Alexander Graham Bell. Kaitlyn spoke much more than Logan but overall it was a very good and organized presentation.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys did a very good job at presenting. I felt like your presentation was well organized and fluent. I enjoyed learning that Alexander Graham Bell was the one that taught Helen Keller. I also have only known about Graham bell for creating the telephone, but I thought it was cool to learn that he also helped the wright brothers. The only thing I think you could’ve done better was possibly use some better images when explaining his inventions, but other than that I thought you guys did great.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys gave a great presentation on the topic and clearly we’re very educated and knew what you guys were talking about. The presentation was loaded with lots of good information which contributed to the overall understanding of the topic, and the power point had good pictures to back up the information. I found the part about how he mentored and taught Helen Keller and that she dedicated her book to him really cool. One thing i think you guys could improve on is distributing who talks equally but that didnt take away from the presentation at all and overall i think it was very well presented.
ReplyDeleteIn this presentation we learned how Bell created the telephone, and how he helped the deaf community. I think the best part of the presentation was when you talked about all of the different kinds of inventions he made. You spent time talking about each one and some reasons why he created them, I thought this was a really cool add on.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you guys started off with a question and I think it was a great way to capture attention. It would be nice if Logan talked about his personal story about his hearing and connected it to Bell helping the deaf community.
ReplyDelete