![]() |
| My Senior Year Picture |
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Exploration Two by Alex Valentine
My name is Alex Valentine. I live in Delaware, Ohio and I graduated from Worthington Christian High School. I played tennis and was a section leader for the baritones in our band. I am majoring in Computer Science and Engineering. My fun fact was that I like to build computers. At a young age, I had always loved to tear apart and tinker with any toy I had. Computer programming was the first thing that really sparked my curiosity into computers and eventually intrigued me to build one.
The idea in The Curious Writer that I found notable was willing to write badly. We can not become better writers unless we express our ideas and thought without criticizing or judging our self. We exceed when we write what we have on our mind and come back to perfect it at a later time. If we stumble upon what exactly to say or write at one exact moment, we will lack any possible ideas or thoughts that could've developed. I could relate to this as I have a hard time starting a essay or paper because I can't suppress my internal critic to write freely. By writing first without concerning the structure and excellence of a paper, we can create fresh and unique ideas that will ultimately lead to a perfected paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First off Alex, it's really cool that you can build computers. Not many people I know can do that. The ability to be willing to let yourself write bad is one that I totally agree with. In order to be a good writer, we can't fear how we should or shouldn't express an idea to the point of being so overly critical that we ruin the paper itself. This is something that I struggle with as well and hope to eventually overcome to develop my writing ability.
ReplyDeleteHey Alex! It it amazing how you can build computers! When I was little I used to do the same thing with toys. I do agree with you about us judging and criticizing our writing too much that it stops us from becoming better writers. It was nice reading your blog. Have a wonderful day man!
ReplyDelete