Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Exploration Two Logan

Hi everyone, my name is Logan Siebert. I do not have a major determine at this point in time. Some information about me is that I was born in Wisconsin and moved to Ohio just before my fourth birthday. I am the youngest of 2 siblings and my older sister is a senior this year at Otterbein University. My goal for this year is to accumulate 30 credit hours so that I will be able to transfer to main campus so that I will be able to finish my degree(still to be decided) for my sophomore through senior years. Another fact about me is that I am an avid sports fan, particularly passionate about baseball. I take every chance I can to attend a baseball game if given the opportunity, whether it be a college game, minor baseball or professional.
(Pictured above is my sister and me on my birthday and graduation)
Something that was interesting to me in The Curious Writer was when the author said that one of the things they realized as they learned how to write in college, they first had to “unlearn” what they already knew. This was intriguing to me because it is somewhat ironic. In order to learn, you need to unlearn what you already know...? I always thought that learning meant GROWING your knowledge, not replacing what you know with new information. The theme that stuck out to me the most was that there is no specific way to write. Sometimes you could sit down with an idea in your head, or maybe you don’t even have a place to start but you know where you want to end. The point is, there is no right or wrong way to write something. Writing is a path with many twists and turns where sometimes you can’t even see the beginning or ending until you reach it.

1 comment:

  1. I also found it interesting that the author had to unlearn the things he had previously learned about writing. It makes me reflect on the things I have learned through high school and whether or not they will translate to college. Will I have to replace my knowledge like the author did?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.