Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Exploration Two From Nate

Hi, my name is Nate Belt. I am from Powell, Ohio and am a first year student at OSU Marion. I have two siblings, Nick and Lauren. Both are younger than me and attend Olentangy Liberty High School. Throughout my whole life I played lacrosse and in junior year my team ended up going to final four, however we unfortunately lost.

While reading the curious writer, I grasped a couple of main ideas. One being the spirit of inquiry. The spirit of inquiry is all about creating a perspective towards writing that invites new questions and challenge beliefs that you thought were originally true. By practicing this in your writing, it allows you to explore yourself and discover things about the world that you thought you knew for sure. Another big idea in the text was to not censor yourself. Allow yourself to write freely and don’t be discouraged by what others think/say. 

Nate standing next to a pole at age 18

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts on the book, the learning to thing and write freely is a very good process in my mind. Also going through the about you paragraph I saw you played lacrosse your whole life, I was wondering why you stopped or if you still play?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.