Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Exploration Two by Morgan Beaschler

Hi! My name is Morgan Beaschler. My fun fact was that I have a hearing loss, and want to become an audiologist. I am from Bucyrus and went to Wynford High School. While attending high school I played softball and cross country. I am a freshman at The Ohio State University at Marion. I am majoring in speech and hearing science with a goal of becoming an audiologist. I enjoy riding my horse, working out, fishing, and going on adventures.


Here is a picture of my horse that I have had since I was 4. My horse's name is Patriot.
An idea that stood out to me while reading The Curious Writer was that everyone has the ability to write well, we just have to believe in ourselves. Everyone has something important, and interesting to say. When people write about something they are passionate about they can write it really well. If someone does have really bad grammar that’s okay too because, while reading I also learned that we have to be willing to write badly. When we write badly that is how we learn. So believe in yourself and be willing to make mistakes because, everyone makes mistakes. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Morgan. I can relate to the concept that we need to be willing to make mistakes as writers. I struggle with this all the time because I tend to pursue perfection rather than the objective. Mistakes are just another part of improving and are necessary progress towards our writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Morgan. You bring up a theme in the text that stood out to me also. I usually can write much better when I am writing about a topic that I am interested in. I often struggle though when I have to write about a topic that does not interest me. I also believe that when we make mistakes, we learn from them and become better writers in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan! I too agree it is good to be willing to write badly. Lots of the time I get angry with myself when I don’t as well as I should, but I then like to use it as a learning experience. It is better to go into something ready to get better at it, than to simply be unwilling to improve. Very helpful not only in writing, but life in general.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.