Monday, November 5, 2018

Comments for Nate and Tyler: Steve Jobs

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.



18 comments:

  1. Being an apple fanatic I beleive this group did a mediocre job with explaining the information with some context. They did however do a great job showing what kinda do physical and digital footprint that Steve Jobs left on the world. A lot fo their information was not completely true or fully explained. Parts of they’re presentation was also a bit choppy. But Other than that I beleive that the content for the most part and they way they addressed the audience was well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew before this presentation who created Apple so it was very interesting to me to learn about Steve Jobs. He has revolutionized the world in many ways. You guys did a good job at explaining how Steve Jobs was iconic and how he left an impact on the world. I feel like there needed to be another reason or point though other than just about how he created Apple technology and Pixar. Great job on explaining the topic though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your presentation was really good. I liked the part that talked about how he dressed. I never really noticed that he dressed the same until you pointed it out. I also like how you brought up Steve Wozniak. I know that the presentation was on Steve Jobs but Apple would be nothing without him. I would have liked to see maybe a clip of Steve doing a presentation, that would have been cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that you guys were able to pack a lot of great important information into a short period of time. There were so many things I learned that I didn’t already know, for example I had absolutely no idea Jobs was fired and one point that that was very interesting and shocking to me. I also liked how you guys opened up the presentation by giving us a little background before introducing the topic. One thing I think you could have improved on is focusing on a few bigger aspects of what Jobs did and really highlighting them and giving detailed information on some really big accomplishments he had. Overall you guys had a great presentation and I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spirit of Steve Jobs is one of innovation and persistence. You did a pretty good job at capturing that spirit. It was a speech with some great information. I was very intrigued with the fact that the "iPhone style" of organization was first formed for Steve Jobs' computer. The one thing that I noticed was that you really bounced around on what you did or didn't talk about. For example, Pixar is HUGE today with hits such as Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles. You really could've discussed that in some more detail. Other than that, the presentation was stellar and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys gave a lot of strong and powerful information in a relatively short amount of time. I had no idea that Steve Jobs got fired from Apple to me that was an eye opener because he was the company. One thing I would suggest is maybe try hitting the bigger aspects adn things that he did and go into some more in depth detail about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your group offered some fascinating information about Steve Jobs. I never knew he started Pixar and that he was once fired from Apple. I think you should've narrowed down on some accomplishes of Steve Jobs than a vague summary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I learned from your guy's presentation was that Steve Jobs was the mentor for the creators of Google, which we can all agree is something we all use everyday. The best thing you guys did was tell how Steve Jobs really pushed for future technology with his ideas, you guys showed how Steve Jobs propelled his technology and how far it has come. One thing I think you guys could have done better was a better comparison. I know for a fact that Apple is not the only technology company on a high level so a better comparison could have been with Microsoft with the windows computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with your presentation. It was well rounded and you did a very good job presenting the facts. I never knew the impact that Steve Jobs had on the company along with Steve Wazniak. You guys research information that the public didnt already know and that added a lot to your presentation. Did Disney buy pixar from Apple or does Apple still own pixar? One criticism I have is to go into more detail about Steve Jobs, but even that is getting picky. You guys did great, I was impressed with your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed how they mentioned Jobs stealing the Pepsi CEO to come work at Apple yet he later had him fired to replace him personally, I found this to be very amusing. I also enjoyed the quote used by Jobs when coaxing the Pepsi CEO to leave the company, "Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life..." I thought it was funny how Jobs basically slapped Pepsi in their face to insult their product while at the same time he was stealing their CEO. For constructive criticism, I would suggest maybe going more into depth as to what made Steve Jobs iconic rather than the company of Apple being iconic. I also found it confusing with the way they addressed Jobs as living as I knew that he was dead, and then they later explained how Jobs was actually dead. So they should have discussed how Jobs is no longer alive, rather than give the majority of their presentation with the impression that he is still alive. Despite this criticism, I really enjoyed the presentation and love to learn more about the tech geniuses of the world whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Though your presentation was really interesting and gave plenty of facts about Steve Jobs that were not well known. I though it was interesting that he was fired from apple. I however felt that some points could have been explained better or looked into a little more, such as the company he made that would eventually go on to become Pixar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your presentation about Steve Jobs. I thought it was well done. I was surprised to learn about Steve Jobs and his relation to Pixar I thought they were completely separate. I think you guys did a good job hitting on the fact it was the first computer that was really widely available to everyone. I think you could have gone into more detail on the newer side of Apple how they are living on in his legacy. I enjoyed your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys had an amazing presentation. You both knew what to say when to say it and every meshed perfectly. I really liked how you guys brought up the turtle neck and round glasses had it symbolizes Steve Jobs. One thing I thought you guys could have improved on was going more in depth about Steve's accomplishments but other than that it was a really good presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely felt this was a well made, informative, and engaging presentation. You guys definitely did a great job explaining why Steve Jobs left such a huge mark on the industry. I also noticed you practically never looked at any notes and did it all mostly by memory, which was really well done. I never knew he was temporarily fired from Apple, and I can only imagine how different things would be had he never come back. My only critique would be to maybe make your picture slides a bit more organized as opposed to just having several images without captions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You both did a great job and both seemed to really find Steve Jobs interesting. You brought up some interesting facts like the Pepsi CEO going to Apple, Steve Jobs with Pixar, and Steve Jobs getting fired. You both were very well in sync and shared the workload. I like how you brought up Jobs’ iconic turtle neck and glasses. The only thing I think the presentation may have lacked was details some of his specific accomplishments. Other than that it was a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We learned about Steve Jobs in this presentation and how he revolutionized the world with his Apple products, as well as his creation of Pixar movies. We also learned about the co founder of the company that helped out Steve with Apple. I think the best part of the presentation was the pictures you guys used, they were an interesting addition to it. You guys also took the time to go over all of them even though you didn't specifically point when you did. Some feedback I have is maybe talk about why he got fired from Apple, it seemed like you went through his timeline pretty fast and I think those things would be interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked that you guys started of with a statistic about the sales of the IPhone, it was a good way to draw attention. I did not know Steve Jobs was fired from Apple and started his own company, only to later be rehired because he was successful on his own. I would have liked to hear more about his firing from Apple and his own company he started during his time away from the company. Overall it was fascinating to learn more about Steve Jobs and how he impacted technology.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed this presentation because I have been reading the Steve Jobs book. It was really nice seeing quotes by him and seeing statistic. His life story is just amazing to listen to and I am glad you guys presented about him.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.