Monday, November 12, 2018

Comments for Alex, Max and Gabe: Ellis Island

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

10 comments:

  1. You guy had great flow and command of your presentation. I was impressed at the answers you gave to the questions and at how evenly you 3 talked. I really liked your comparison as well as real life examples. I don’t have any cunstructive criticism, you had an exceptional presentation and I was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great presentation, you guys had a great opener when you asked if anyone had known if their ancestors came to America through Ellis Island. One thing I learned from your presentation was that there was another place for immigrants to come to America through Boston. There isn't anything I could say to that you guys need to work on I thought it was a fantastic presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys had a really great and effective presentation. My favorite part was the personal stories that Alex and Max shared. It provided a really powerful background to the topic and what it meant to you and I really appreciate you guys for being open enough to share those stories. Another thing I really liked was, you gave us the statistic that 40% of Americans can trace their roots through Ellis Island, but then you made it easier to put into perspective by telling us that it would mean 8-20 people in this room should be able to trace their roots through Ellis Island. It made that piece of data really effective and I’m glad you put that part in there. One thing I think you guys could have improved was talking more about how the Statue of Liberty made Ellis Island iconic just because we all know what the Statue of Liberty is, so I would have liked to hear more about that. Overall, you guys had a great presentation and I really enjoyed hearing about Ellis Island!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this presentation and thought that you did a good job grabbing the attention of the class right from the start. I liked how you made a personal connection with some stories of your own families immigrating to the United States. I also liked how you challenged the class to go home and find out their family history. The only criticism I can come up with is that you guys used "Um" which is untestable in a presentation but still made it a tad harder to focus for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that Max, Alex and Gabe did a great job in their presentation. They especially did a good job with their comparison and relating their families’ lives and stories to their presentation. For constructive criticism, I that they didn’t seem very confident in their speech so maybe they could have practiced what they were each going to say one more time. I really enjoyed their presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was blown away by how well you guy knew your topic and showed confidence when talking. I went and asked my family if any of my ancestors came through Ellis island and it turned out that I did which was really cool. There is not much I could criticize you guys on the only thing I could would be that you could've talked more about was the Statue of Liberty because it plays a bigger role in why Ellis island is such an Iconic place. Great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The presentation was good. I like how they talked about their ancestor. It tied in well with the presentation. One thing I learned is that there is a similar island, Angel Island on the west coast. One thing I would say you can work on is maybe a little more practice before final presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fascinating that each of you included a part of your family and how they were impacted by Ellis Island. Your comparisons to life also helped explain your presentation. One thing I would improve upon is explaining more about the Statue of Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was cool how you opened up with a simple question. It forces people to think for a moment and starts turning the gears of inquiry. I thought it was neat how you tied in a personal story about your family. It makes the presentation seem more relatable. The presentation, at times, seemed unpolished. It was sometimes hard to follow and the tones of your voices were inconsistent. Lots of fillers were also used to fill in gaps during the presentation. I would recommend you practice more next time. Other than that, great job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys had a great presentation. I liked how you had personal stories to add to your presentation in addition to the information and facts. The question at the beginning helped to grab attention, as well as the statistics and stories told throughout the presentation. The comparison between Ellis Island and Angel Island was also really good. I would have liked to hear more about what happened to the people to who didn’t make it past Ellis Island, but other than that the presentation was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.