For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I thought that you guys did a good job on explaining why the bombing were so crucial in our history. What made them so important. I also loved that you talked on how it led to future problems such as the cold war. One thing that I would have liked to see is if people living in Hiroshima today are in anyway still seeing the effects of the atom bombs
ReplyDeleteI think you guys gave a great presentation about something that has impacted our history. It is a scary thing that weapons like this are created. I like how you said that it would take 36 9/11 attacks to do the devastation that this bomb did. One criticism I have you guys is that I wish you would of talked about how Hiroshema delt with this bombing. I know you said it helped end the war but how did it effect the people of Hiroshima. Overall it was a very interesting topic to learn about!
ReplyDeleteI thought this presentation was very powerful as it allowed us to look deeper into a topic often avoided due to it's sheer devastation. I think one of the best points made would be the one about how the bomb played an integral part in ending the war and that while It caused many deaths, it also saved many lives by stopping the war from going any further. One thing I think could have been worked on would be using absolutes in terms of opinions. This can discount the other side if the argument.
ReplyDeleteGreat job guys, it was a really well thought out presentation! You had so many facts about the bombing and one piece of data that really stuck out to me was comparing the deaths in 9/11 to the bombing. It was stated by you guys that on the higher end, it would’ve take 56 9/11 attacks in order to match the deaths caused in the bombing, and this really stuck with me. I also think you guys did a great job with using really powerful images, such as the photo of the 3 people after the bombing with bandages and clear injuries. What stuck with me there most was their faces and how mentally drained they looked. It was a great addition to the slides and it really emphasized the real effect of the bombing of Hiroshima. One thing I think you guys could have done better was the volume of speech. I know this may sound weird, but for me the two different volumes made it difficult to keep focus. Christian was very quiet while Thomas was very loud and the switch back and forth served as a distraction to me. Perhaps next time, try to math the volumes and meet somewhere in the middle, so you guys have uniform speech volumes giving the presentation better transitions between the speakers. Overall however, you guys did a great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation guys. It was very powerful and it allowed us to take a deeper look at how much devastation it really caused to the region. I also liked how you went on to talk about how it lead to the Cold War. One thing that was a distraction to me was going back and forth in speaking because you two were very different as far as volumes. Thomas was very loud and Christian was quite. But still overall was a good presentation.
ReplyDeleteI liked the interesting facts you guys provided. I never really knew that the internet was invented as an alternative use of communication during World War 2. One thing I would improve is the way you accentuate words and project your voice. It kinda sounded like you guys were reading from a script which is why I think there was that pause during your speech in order to recollect yourself.
ReplyDeleteYou guys definitely knew what your were talking about and it was evident that you did your research. I was impressed with the transitions between you guys, you knew when to speak and when to let the other speak. One point I would say to make the presentation better would be leveling your voice tones. Between the two voices it got kind of distracting, but other than that, great presentation!
ReplyDeleteThe whole presentation felt very odd from the perspective of your speaking patterns. Thomas felt like he was presenting at a museum speaker, which did not match with Christian's tone. Other than that the actual information that was given was really informative with how the Japanese were effected medically after the bomb was dropped. It was really interesting to learn that there was no exact number of people killed by the Bomb drop.
ReplyDeleteI thought they had a very good presentation. I particularly thought that the comparison of deaths from 9/11 to Hiroshima was a great connection as none of us were alive and learned much about Hiroshima, but we were all alive during 9/11 and it personally had a huge impact on everyday life in America and still does to this day. For a bit of constructive criticism, I would suggest that Thomas and Christian find a middle ground for volume. I found Christian hard to hear, but Thomas seemed to be a bit too loud. I loved the passion for the project but both of them could have spoken at a more "medium" volume that wasn't too loud or quiet.
ReplyDeleteYour presentation grabbed my attention form the start and you were able to hold it for the whole time. You used your statistics well such as the powerful comparison you used between the bombing and 9/11. I also liked how you referenced that this could be used to help determine how to handle the next super weapon that will inevitable be created. I felt as though Thomas did most of the presenting and his presenting completely overtook Christian's, maybe you guys could have split the load a little more or tried to match each other a little better.
ReplyDeleteI want to start by saying that I am a major history person myself and have studied WW2 many times including a trip to Europe to visit certain sites. Your presentation was really good though I didn't learn much because I have already studied this topic into the ground. I still enjoyed every minute of it because it was a topic that I enjoy. I liked how you compared the deaths of those at Hiroshima to those of 9/11. I thought that this comparison was good because they are both major moments in history that people can relate to. I thought something you could have improved on would be explaining why this helped lead into the nuclear age. Thanks for the presentation I found it to be interesting.
ReplyDeleteThe bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki always seemed incredibly interesting to me, so this presentation really kept my attention. I never knew that Hiroshima was the equivalent of just over 30 9/11’s on the low end, as that just seems insane to me. I definitely appreciated the passion and enthusiasm that went into this project. When Christian messed up for a second, he did a great job of picking himself up, as I too know what it is like to get nervous while presenting. Overall a good presentation, but maybe have it be more equal between the two of you, both work wise and voice volume wise
ReplyDeleteThis was a great presentation and i think you guys were really prepared for it and knew what you were talking about. You guys packed lots of great information into a short amount of time and seemed to really be interested in what you were presenting and I think this was a good topic for you guys. Something i found really interesting is how passionate Thomas was, i think it made the presentation much more enjoyable. The only thing i think you could’ve done better is Thomas was talking a lot louder than Christian, which kind of took away from the presentation because it threw my attention away from the presentation, but i think that you guys were overall very prepared and did very well.
ReplyDeleteIn this presentation we learned about the bomb that was dropped at Hiroshima, we learned how the bomb worked, as well as the lasting effects it had in that region. I think something you guys did well was going in depth with each section of your presentation. You took some time talking about how the bomb itself worked and what went into that, you aslo talked thouroughly about the health problems that the bomb left at Hiroshima. Something I thought lacked a little bit was the ending about some of the changes in war, you touched on the Internet but didn't really explain how that correlated.
ReplyDeleteYou guys did a very good job on explaining the impact the bombing on Hiroshima had. You had a lot of good information, as well as facts and statistics. I liked the comparison you used between 9/11 and Hiroshima, saying it would take 30 9/11 attacks to compare to the deaths of the Hiroshima bombing. This was pretty crazy to me. I would have liked to learn more about the effects still going on today from the bombing. The presentation was great though, and you seemed very well prepared.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys had a good presentation. I felt like I learned a lot about the Hiroshima bombing and its lasting impact. I liked how you guys went into great detail on each part of your presentation and I liked your comparisons. One comparison that I thought was interesting was when you said 30 9/11 attacks is the equivalent to the deaths of the Hiroshima Bombing. This comparison was pretty eye opening to me and I thought it was used appropriately. I also liked how you guys explained the impact on people who still live there/nearby and how the radiation has had a devastating impact on their lives. One thing I would touch on is to organize the work load more equally and also try to match each others volume.
ReplyDelete