For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I found it very interesting when you handed out the cameras and film The hands on experience with these items was really cool. I love how you compared the old film cameras to newer digital cameras. Maybe it would have been cool if you talked about the making of the digital camera, who made it, when.
ReplyDeleteI learned a lot about cameras from this presentation! I liked how you guys handed items out so the audience could really experience what the cameras were like. It was great how you compared the two cameras. I think you guys also did a good job about seeing both the pros and cons. One constructive criticism is that I felt like I needed other facts about the camera than the ones you gave. I felt like the points were just comparing the cameras and I wanted more information. Overall great presentation on something that has helped shape our world today!
ReplyDeleteI found this to be a very interesting presentation. I too am interested in photography and have been interested in the making of movies with the new camera technology. I thought it was reeky cool to learn about the differences in older, film, cameras vs the new digital ones. The contrast of the two taught me a lot. One thing you could have added would be some of your personal work and how the technological advancements have helped you in doing so.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys did a really great job with this presentation. I like taking pictures so it was really interesting getting to learn about the different older types of cameras and how much more difficult it was to edit pictures and take the best photos. I also think you guys are allowing me to appreciate the real art of photography because I don’t believe that everyone is a photographer. It is a real art that takes practice and understanding and it’s not for everyone to do. The fact where you informed us that 2.5 billion cameras were sold throughout the US was a really powerful stat because it showed how many people could take photos of whatever they want and really run photojournalists out of business who couldn’t always be there on the scene to capture the pictures. One thing I would critique is, I liked the items you passed around but I felt like there were too many and for me personally it was a little distracting to keep paying attention to the presentation. You guys did a great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat I loved about this presentation was how hands on it was. For topics like mine, there isn't any props to really use. The props helped me follow along and not get lost in all of the terminology. I also thought that it was fantastic that you were able to get a first hand account of the camera revolution. The one thing that you could work on though are your tones. There wasn't a whole lot of change in your voices, and that made it hard to follow at crucial moments that the props could not cover. It was still a great presentation.
ReplyDeleteI liked the fact your group used props to help to go along with your explanation. I always like hands-on activities. Although, I would've used less of them because I felt like it became a bit distracting to your presentation after being handed one after another.
ReplyDeleteThe actual camera's and the examples you guys brought in were very helpful in your guy's presentation and it really helped me physically see what exactly you guys were talking about. I myself enjoy taking pictures and I enjoyed learning the prices of cameras have drastically dropped from $1000+ to about $500 for a decent camera. I do believe the presentation could have gone better if some of the picture used in the presentation came from you guys personally.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed their presentation! As I mentioned in class, I loved the hands on evidence they used to coincide with their presentation. I found it interesting how the older cameras were so much heavier than the newer cameras, which I learned from the hands on experience. I really don't have much as far as constructive criticism, I would just say that maybe you should pass out the hands on stuff at the beginning or end of the presentation and explain it all at once so people can experience but it still be able to listen and pay attention to what you have to say because it seemed like your actual presentation took a backseat to the hands on experience. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI personally do not know much about photography so I found your presentation to be very interesting. When you mentioned photography as a form of art it made me think about taking pictures in a new light. I also thought it was cool that you had handouts that you passed around to give examples of what you were talking about. One criticism I have is that you could have given a more clear reason the camera was iconic.
ReplyDeleteGoing into this presentation I new almost nothing about the history of cameras. I found it interesting how the old cameras you had to manually process everything and it took so much time to just get one picture. I liked how you guys had lots of props to show to everyone they added a lot to your group. I was shocked by how heavy the old camera was I was expecting it to be lighter than that. Something you could have gone into it more detail was the interviews with people. I found them interesting but the weren't talked about quite enough. Overall you guys did a great job and I learned a lot.
ReplyDeleteThe presentation was great, you guys had a lot of facts, knew what to say and who was going to say what, and had a lot of interesting handouts. I did not know anything about film cameras before so learning that they had to apply their own filter on a picture was really interesting. One thing I noticed was that whenever you guys switched to a new point it took a second for you guys start talking about it. A little more practice I thought could've helped with this but other than that it was a great presentation.
ReplyDeleteYour entire presentation was great, but I think the best aspect was that you brought in actual cameras and photographs as examples. It was incredibly interesting to see the camera evolve, and I never had really thought about how 9/11 was one of the first major events to be captured on digital camera. I definitely agree that photography is still an art film, as camera angles and shot composition are incredibly important. Even editing pictures afterwards is still an art as you have to make it look just right. I’d say next time, maybe even out the speaking between the two of you a little more.
ReplyDeleteThe reason this presentation was so interesting to me was because you guys put so much effort into it and clearly were passionate about the topic which makes it so much better to listen to. I think this presentation was great, and you guys gave us so much information and taught me so much about the camera, and i think the props that you passed out were awesome and contributed so much to the overall presentation. The only thing i think you guys could’ve done better was you could’ve talked about how the camera was more iconic but i still really enjoyed this presentation
ReplyDeleteI thought your presentation was very good. You guys were fluent and well organized. I thought the props, especially the cameras were a very nice touch to the presentation. I liked how I could hold the cameras and get a feel for the diffrerence in size and weight. I also agree with you guys that I think the ability to edit has taken away from the art of photography since everyone thinks they can be a photographer now. The only thing I think your presentation could use to improve is splitting up the speaking more evenly, but other than that I really enjoyed your presentation.
ReplyDeleteWe learned about the difference and improvements between digital cameras and film cameras. We also learned about the effects of digital cameras on our world today. What I really liked about your presentation was that you had lots of visuals. I really liked the props you used and how they connected to the topic you guys were talking about. You also had lots of images on your slides that really helped us understand what you guys were talking about. I think something you guys could've added is maybe some more facts about the technical differences of the cameras, such as the different effects and settings each have.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation, and thought it was very interesting to learn more about cameras. I do not know much about cameras, but I think it was entertaining to learn about. I liked how you talked about how much easier it is nowadays for anyone to take pictures, but still express that photography is an art. I also liked all the props you brought in to show the cameras and pictures in person and how they have changed and developed. I would have liked to hear more about the older cameras and how it made taking pictures more of a skill. Overall it was a great presentation full of detail.
ReplyDelete